Wednesday, July 6, 2016

family crests

*this is a queued post* 


The week this is posted, I'll be on a backpacking trip in the New Mexico desert at Philmont! My whole family will be out there (or should I say we ARE out there, since that will be the situation at the time you read this? Although, of course, you could be reading this is the even more distant future, where both the writing of his post and my time in New Mexico will be in the past tense . . . Who knows. This aside has gone on far too long, in any case.) 

All this is to introduce the actual content of these posts! Part of what we do at Philmont includes making a "family banner". For ours, we decided to research and use the family crests of my parents' families. However, the only photos we could find were pretty low quality. So I decided to create digital versions in Inkscape in vector format so we could use them! I thought it would be fun to share them on here. 


The motto on this one is Latin. It essentially translates to "united force is stronger".


4 comments:

  1. Ugh these are beautiful! I wish our family history was clear enough to find out if we have a crest anywhere in the hazy past:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a treasure hunt to find family crests! We actually got really lucky with the first one and found a website maintained by some distant relative with a bunch of family history and stuff including the crest. It was really neat!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, Anna, I tagged you again. ;) If you don't want me to tag you anymore, just say so, because I'm sure it's probably annoying at this point. :) But anyway, here's the tag. http://lmmkindredspirits.blogspot.com/2016/07/kindred-spirits-tag.html It's on my L. M. Montgomery blog this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not annoying! Haha I just get annoyed with myself for not doing them in a timely fashion xD but I do enjoy doing them, so thank you! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)