Sunday, September 25, 2016

This week's sketches are brought to you by me having some extra time to draw due to getting my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. I still have chipmunk cheeks and I can't play my trumpet yet, but I'm feeling a lot better than I was earlier!


Still working on clothing-simplifying while still keeping the silhouette and material believable.



I drew this when my family was watching some Alfred Hitchcock movie.



This was a tough pose to figure out, but fun in the end. 

Reading/listening/watching recommendation of the week (I need a better name for this! Help me out, readers dear!): "Why the Mona Lisa Stands Out". It's an interesting read about what we consider "great" art, what actually constitutes great art, and whether or not the two are the same.

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I had our wisdom teeth out this week too! I love the sketches. I actually read that from your Pinterest- it was a interesting and compelling read!! Really got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very fun, is it? XD Thanks:) and yes I thought a lot about that article! We talked a lot in my German class about defining art and the implications of defining art and that article made me remember that again. I liked the point the author made about how familiarity may cause us to like a piece better, but how when when we're equally familiar with a mediocre and a great piece, the great one will still stand out. Interesting stuff :D

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)