Sunday, September 20, 2015

dinosaurs and more

Hello lovely readers! School has just started and the crazy train is zipping full steam through life, so I've got a quick peek into some of my sketches for this post. I've been busy in art class learning how to use Adobe Illustrator, and while there have already been a lot of smacking-my-head-against-a-brick-wall moments, I'm slowly learning the program and it's been fascinating. We've been doing some fun typography stuff in class so maybe I'll get to share that later. And now to the sketches!

I'm pushing myself to draw less generic faces, so here are some  experiments with that. I was looking at some Klimt and John Singer Sargent studies recently so I think these were a bit influenced by that.



I really like the webseries Green Gables Fables and it's really good material for expression and movement studies, so here's some Season 1 stuff.






And some dinosaurs. I recently read this great article by Nicholas Kole (who makes some super inspiring art in addition to writing cool articles!) and it made me realize how crucial studying the natural world is to good design. . .and that led to some dinosaurs.





(Technically not a dinosaur, but still cool.)


Yay anatomically impossible lizard dinosaur things!

Thanks for reading, everyone. Have a lovely, wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Oo I love the dinosaurs! And all the human studies. I'm going to check out the article you linked, too! Great post as always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited to share that post because although it comes from a little different perspective than my own I love what it says and it's really shaped how I think about the nature and purpose of art. :) Glad you enjoyed the dinosaurs! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)