Friday, September 4, 2015

"force friday" festivities

Hey there!

Today I have a few fun Star Wars things to share with you. The internet informs me that today is #forcefriday, so what better time to post a little fanart? 

My brothers and I had some of our friends over for a Star Wars party today-partly because our marching band is playing the main title theme for our showcase and that got me thinking about it, and partly because any time is a good time for Star Wars! Pinterest inspired me to make some fun themed name cards for the food. And then I had the idea to do a few drawings for the labels, so here we are. Not all of these are exactly top-quality, being something of a last minute improvisation, but they were a blast to make and I feel good about counting them as one of my September COMPLETED projects (I'll talk more about why I am tracking projects and other related things in my next post). 



(these were grapes on kabob skewers)




Sorry that this is sideways! Technical difficulties. . .  but this was apple cider, for no reason other than that we wanted to have some.


I know this isn't art (or is it? at what level do puns become art? or does art devolve into puns? is there a distinction? if a tree falls in the forest on the moon of Endor when no Ewoks are around, does it make a sound? okay, I'm done.) But I had to share it :)


Say what you will about the quality of the prequels (I have my own issues with them, believe me), but I do really love the costume design, especially Padme's outfits. Those snood things she wears were difficult to paint, but I think they turned out okay.


And here's the rebel alliance symbol. 

There you have it! Have a lovely day. . . and may the Force be with you! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a fun party:) And puns are definitely an art, while I'm thinking of it. The chewbacca is probably my favorite! I'll have to show my dad and little sister, they love him. And the padawan is so cute. I love the costume design too! I would watch them just for that. I like the prequels but the love story falls flat for me somehow. I like it but I don't know. Anyways nice post! I actually got on here to make sure I hadn't missed any:) Oh and I love the background!! Sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I totally agree with you on the prequels. I never really got on board with the romance part of it but those costumes are to die for :) And I'm so glad you like the post. I know I definitely check your blog to make sure I don't miss anything either. :D (I really like the 30 day challenge you just did!)

      Delete
  2. Nice job, Anna! Those look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna these are just so incredible and nerdy. They fill me with joy

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)