Sunday, May 1, 2016

screen printing: part 1

Hello lovely readers!
Sorry about the radio silence over here last week. . . I have no excuse other than that I've been busy, but I'm back this week to talk about another project my design class is doing: screen printing. We're designing and printing our own t-shirts! I finished my design this week and have some process pictures to show you. 

Step 1: the design itself! I used one of my favorite quotes from Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. It's my favorite Shakespeare play and I absolutely adore this line in particular. Beatrice is such a fantastic character!

I wanted to do a flower wreath but could only do two colors (because the difficulty of screen printing increases with each additional color in a design), so this is what I finally came up with. 


Step 2: I created two separate documents, one for each color and put the corresponding design elements into each one, then converted them to black and white. Then I printed them out separately (on Special Paper!)


Step 3: Combining the designs. I had to fiddle with them a bit to line them up the way I wanted, and here's the result!


Stay tuned for more in the epic screen printing saga!

10 comments:

  1. The design goes so well with that beautiful quote! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to have the next part up by the beginning of next week!

      Delete
  2. Hmm...that's really interesting Anna! I look forward to seeing more about this--especially the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're hoping to be printing by next week and meanwhile I'll have another post up about what I did this week!

      Delete
  3. This is cool! I'm interested in Graphic Design.
    Just so you know, I tagged you over at my blog! You don't have to do it, of course, but here it is: http://raesdropofgoldensun.blogspot.com/2016/05/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graphic design is a lot of fun, isn't it? I didn't know you were interested in it but that's really cool! And thanks for the tag :) I am ashamed to say that I am sometimes horribly forgetful when it comes to doing tags, but I shall do my best! I just popped over there and I'm excited to answer your questions (although some of them are REALLY HARD, so I appreciate the "you can list multiple favorites" part. :) Because I definitely have more than one!)

      Delete
    2. I am planning to major in Graphic Design! I look forward to reading your tag answers if you do it, but of course I understand if you don't! Haha.

      Delete
    3. That's so cool! I probably should have guessed from you making your header so lovely! And I'm planning to do the tag-I just thought I should say that so if my forgetful brain deserts me in my time of need you would know that it's not that I didn't want to do it, it's just that my "fluff n' stuff" has failed me ;)

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful! I love the quote :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)