Sunday, April 17, 2016

red and black

Enjolras is THE BEST. I just love him so much. Idealistic, fiery, heroic characters who want to Do The Right Thing are always my favorites, and Enjolras is definitely one of the best examples of this in all of literature! He truly understands why they're fighting as well as the price they might have to pay, which makes his unwavering commitment to liberty even more impressive. And he inspires me so much to fight for right in whatever small way I can in my own life as well. 


I've been learning to use Photoshop, and after half a year of Illustrator it's kind of an awkward jump. I'm starting small with learning how to use the background eraser tool :) so I practiced on this drawing of Enjolras from way back when

Also, I'm on Twitter now! I'm @theannamator and I'm looking forward to trying out some new social media. If you want to follow my personal account too, it's @anna_marie919. I haven't done much on there yet, but Amy Dashwood retweeted me this one time! That was pretty exciting ;) (she didn't follow me but I am choosing to ignore that fact because I want to think we're best friends now. Let me live in my delusion.)


P. S. A happy birthday shoutout to the lovely Nina! Go read her blog!

4 comments:

  1. Awww thank you Anna <3 Love this drawing, I loved it uncolored and the color is so awesome too! I'll have to head over to twitter now;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was a great day! And thanks for the follow :) I'm having fun with Twitter. :)

      Delete
  2. That's so COOL, mah word. The red background with the black sketch...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! Almost as soon as my teacher showed us how to do this technique I thought that I wanted to do an Enjolras piece. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)