Sunday, February 21, 2016

hidden gems

I'm currently reading the entire Old Testament during the school year for seminary, which is a scripture study class my church has before school every day. It's honestly one of the best parts of my entire day and I've really enjoyed going more in-depth into the Old Testament and having help understanding the more difficult parts. It makes a huge difference in helping me understand all the other scriptures and has really helped me understand more about the common ground we share with the Jewish faith and with their culture. I have to say that Deuteronomy and Leviticus weren't exactly light reading, but even in the midst of all of those difficult passages I discovered so many of these great hidden gems and I would file them away for ponderizing later (hence today's post!) :) Don't be scared of diving right into the more difficult books of scripture. "There's gold in them thar hills" if you're willing to patiently put in the time and dig for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)