Tuesday, April 5, 2016

calamity // "the past is another land"

You know nothing about me
And care even less.
How could you understand our emptiness?
You've plundered our wisdom,
Our knowledge, our wealth. 
In bleeding us dry,
You long for our spirit
But that you will never possess!

The past is now another land
Far beyond my reach
Invaded by insidious
Foreign bodies, foreign speech
Where the timeless joys of childhood 
Lie broken on the beach.

The present is an empty space 
Between the good and bad 
A moment leading nowhere
Too pointless to be sad 
But time enough to lay to waste
Every certainty I had.

The future is a barren world
From which I can't return.
Both heartless and material,
Its wretched spoils not my concern
Shining like an evil sun 
As my childhood treasures burn

Shining like an evil sun 
As my childhood treasures burn.

I recently finished reading Calamity, the last book in the Steelheart series, and I was thinking about the song "The Past is Another Land" from Aida and how the song works well for the character Megan from the Steelheart series. So I did some fanart and a process gif for fun. I hope you like it! And if you've read the series, let me know what you thought! 




Displaying animated2784143.gif

4 comments:

  1. Aida!!! So much love. This is beautiful, I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I realize that this is from the musical. I like the opera haha;) But I need to look into the musical so now I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to it right now O-O this is so beautiful, it's songs like this that really make me wish I could belt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome? She has such a powerful voice! And I had no idea it was an opera!!! I feel so uneducated :P So now I have to go check it out! I'm listening to Ritorna Vincitor now and I just finished Celeste Aida :) :) :) wow! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)