Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I posted, because I've been visiting family out of state. It was basically the best vacation ever. . . I love my family :D

Today I'm excited about 2016. I love the start of the new year-it's a great time to recommit myself to becoming better and changing! One of the things that I love about the new year is that my church's youth program picks a scripture that will be the theme for the things we do throughout the year. To celebrate, I made a design of the scripture in Inkscape. I'm learning how to use Inkscape on my own time, and I figured a good way to practice various features would be creating images for quotes and scriptures. Something we've been challenged to do is "ponderize" (ponder + memorize) a scripture each week, so I'm tentatively going to try making a picture of my weekly scripture. (Check out the talk about ponderizing HERE.) I like to set the scripture as my phone background throughout the week, so doing it in Inkscape will be useful for that as well as being good practice. And I'm starting with the theme scripture this week! I hope you all have a lovely week and if you want to join me and choose a scripture you want to learn better for a bit of "ponderizing" . . . the more the merrier! Welcome aboard! No pressure, of course, but I will say it's a really good habit that has greatly blessed my life-it's definitely worth a try. Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide on my next scripture. . . Probably either Psalms 24:3-4, Isaiah 53:3-5, or 1 Samuel 16:7. Gotta get ahead on my scripture mastery :) If you have a suggestion, let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)