Saturday, October 17, 2015

#inktober day 17: Captain America

Captain America, as promised! :)

I did some more experimenting with shading techniques here. Capturing a wide range of values with only black and white is challenging, but I'm getting the hang of it a bit more every time I practice. I also worked a bit larger with this one than normal. It's a big step for a person who did most of her drawing in the margins of various worksheets and notebooks for years; I like drawing teeny tiny. Using a whole page for one drawing is still a little scary. But I DID IT!


Version 1


Tried to draw the shield on his back and it didn't work out so well. . .


. . . so I turned it into a star and I feel much better about it now.


2 comments:

  1. I don't consider myself and artist but when I do "draw" it's only small things. I can very much sympathize with being afraid to draw something large. This said, you did a wonderful job! You picture certainly looks like Captain America!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)