Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#inktober day 21: the future is now (GREAT SCOTT!)

Guess what today is? That's right, ladies and gentlemen. . .it's the day Marty McFly comes back to in the future!

I'm very sad that we still don't have commercially viable hoverboards available for consumer purchase. :( Oh well, I can draw hoverboards even if I can't ride them (yet?)

I've been pretty busy doing a lot of work for my design class (our first client came in and we have a lot of work to do. . .) and doing a lot of master studies to help myself improve. I'm learning a lot but it sure is time-consuming. Still, I figure that because I find time to do the things I don't really want to do but should, I can make time for drawing that I really DO want to do!


I'll even settle for a little pink hoverboard like this one! 


(I'm glad we don't dress like this in 2015 though!)

2 comments:

  1. urg I haven't watched it and it bothered me all day yesterday. Great artwork!! What is your design class, it sounds neat? and I have to be honest, I actually find their clothes slightly fab(sheepish smile) but for wearing by the general public they probably would be less fab XD I've loved all your inktober art... I'm sad I've been so busy I haven't been able to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love my design class :) it's kind of a mix of a lot of different things but we work a lot digitally and we're doing logo design right now. I know later in the year we're probably going to do some animation in Flash but currently we're using Adobe Illustrator. We get to do some designing of logos, brand identities, etc. for local companies and organizations and currently we're working on designing a new logo for a company in our town. It's challenging and really fantastic training for what we'd have to do as freelance graphic designers, and it's definitely been a blast so far! :)
      And I guess as far as the fashion of 2015 goes I do have to admit there are some pretty neat things too (self-drying jacket! yes!) :) And I guess if we did wear them we'd probably think the things that are in style now were super weird. Haha :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)