Sunday, October 4, 2015

sweater weather + #inktober day 4

It's finally October! And both Momo Q and Nina (they are awesome bloggers and lovely people and artists as well! so go check them out!) tagged me for the Sweater Weather Tag. I've never done a tag before, but. . . it gave me an idea for my next inktober sketch and I love to talk about fall, so it was a perfect match. Here we go!


1. Favorite candle scent?
We have a delicious apple cider cinnamon one. . .but I just love all candle smells. 
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
I don't drink coffee or tea, so it looks like the answer is hot chocolate! But wassail or apple cider are definitely tied for favorite fall drink if I'm allowed to elaborate. (of course I am! this is my blog!)
3. Best fall memory?
This is a hard one. Honestly, I have no clue!
4. Best fragrance for fall?
I don't wear perfume too much, so I'm swapping this around and saying my favorite fall fragrance is soup cooking. Fall is the perfect time for chicken noodle soup!
5. Favorite Thanksgiving food?
Lemon meringue pie! My dad's is so good.
6. What is autumn weather like where you live? 
Perfect! There are a lot of trees here and they're starting to change right about now . . . it's usually cold and clear and sunny and absolutely beautiful. Sometimes it rains and that's beautiful too. "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
7. Most worn sweater?
Purple polka dots all the way. I love all my sweaters though.
8. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
I'm not too into football, but I love marching band with a passion so I have to go with football games. 
9. Skinny jeans or leggings?
Jeans.
10. Combat boots or Uggs?
????? Uggs, I guess. 
11. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
I don't know about pumpkin spice specifically, but I adore all things pumpkin, especially this time of year. Pumpkin bread (with chocolate chips!), pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins. . . yes to all of them.
12. Favorite fall TV show?
Hum. I don't really watch TV so I'm going with books. I think it's pretty obvious that I'm a big Anne of Green Gables fan, and those books always make me feel like fall, if that makes sense! Same with Lord of the Rings and Narnia.
13. What song gets you into the fall spirit?
All of George Winston's album Forest, specifically Walking in the Air. And I'm playing an awesome Khachaturian toccata that has that same fall feel.
14. What do you want to be for Halloween?
I love dressing up, but I doubt I'll have much chance this year to make a really great costume. I'm considering a Rosie the Riveter costume because that's easy to pull together! Ideally though I'd love to make myself a fancy old fashioned dress. I don't even know which era, but as long as I'm dreaming my costume board on Pinterest has a lot of options!
15. Hats or Scarves? 
BOTH! Scarves if I have to pick.
16. What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?
This is easy! My church has a conference (it just happened yesterday and today, actually) called General Conference that's broadcast online every six months and I love hearing all the talks right after getting back to school. It's the perfect way to recenter my life on what really matters. I want to do some illustrations of quotes from it for inktober later.

And I tag Mandarin and Kelsey Hammersley, if they want to do it!

Thanks for reading, everyone! You guys are the best.

5 comments:

  1. ANNA- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Khachaturian Toccata! Listening to it is such a lovely experience!!!!! And I love learning more about you in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI SARAH! I didn't know you had a blog!!! I have to go read it all now! And I'm so glad you like the Toccota :D It's super fun to play :)

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this! Very fun answers, Anna! I must agree that pumpkin anything is wonderful in the Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! :) And I love your pumpkin board on Pinterest. Definitely perfect for fall.

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)