Sunday, October 16, 2016

#inktober day 16: unreal city

I saw some city sketches I really liked the other day, and I wanted to try my hand at it. :) 


Unreal City
Under the brown fog of a winter dawn, 
A crowd flowed over London Bridge, so many,
I had not though death had undone so many.
Sighs, short and infrequent, were exhaled,
And each man fixed his eyes before his feet, 
Flowed up the hill and down King William Street
To where Saint Mary Woolnoth kept the hours
With a dead sound on the final stroke of nine.
. . .
Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song,
Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.
. . .
What is the city over the mountains
Cracks and reforms and bursts in violet air
Jerusalem Athens Alexandria
Vienna London
Unreal

T. S. Eliot

(We've been studying "The Waste Land" in my English class and I've fallen into the deep dark hole of Eliot obsession once again. So yep:) )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)