Monday, October 24, 2016

#inktober day 24: "show me the key"

I've been loving the Secret Garden musical recently. It doesn't follow the book exactly, but it captures the spirit of it while still being original. And the harmonies will give you CHILLS. I haven't had the time to sit down and listen to the whole thing yet, but I've been listening to a few particular songs on repeat-I really love "Lily's Eyes", "Race You to the Top of the Morning", "Come to My Garden/Lift Me Up", "How Could I Ever Know", and "Hold On" (although I actually like the Motab version of that a bit better). Also, I really like "Winter's on the Wing" and "Show Me the Key". I could basically talk about it forever-but I don't have the time just now. So here's a quick sketch of Mary :)



Here's another one I really like: "I Heard Someone Crying". Lily's high notes are just perfection, and I love the harmonies. The best part starts at 2:03 when they're all singing over each other <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)