Monday, October 3, 2016

#inktober day 3: um

Hi friends!

I don't really have any explanation for today's Inktobers because I am very tired and I needed to crank out something to post. So here ya go!



The thing about drawing something and posting it for all the world to see, every single day, (even for only a month), is that you very quickly come to realize how far you have to come as an artist. It's very good for me but draining and often frustrating, and it forces the perfectionist in me to hush up and let the realist get something FINISHED rather than PERFECT. Because if you only think about doing something, you'll never actually do it and you'll never learn anything . . . but if you make something, no matter how bad you think it is, you learn something in the process that will make the next thing you create even better.

(Also-I made a few more tweaks to the blog design and I'm so happy I figured out how to get rid of that box around the post content. I might put it back later, but I really like having it gone for now-I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of it for ages! So that's somethings I've done that I'm happy with today in the art field. :) )

4 comments:

  1. I don't really have time to comment on every single day, but I've looked at all three so far, and they are amazing!
    I loved the Scripture-- the lettering (was incredible) and the words!
    I liked how you showed parts of the process for the girl with the lute-thing! It was an incredibly good picture!
    As for today's: the hand! Admittedly a little creepy-looking, but I'm just in awe over how good the hand is. Hands are hard.
    I had a check yesterday when I saw a drawing of my dear younger sister, six years my junior, which was better than anything I've ever drawn (of course, I gave up my hopes of being good at art years ago and I haven't put much work into it and she has). But you, my friend, have no such problem (and I don't mean the sister thing); you have put a lot of work into art and you are very good at it! Truly.
    I love how the blog looks now! Congratulations for figuring it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely don't expect people to comment every day-that would be pretty crazy:) I'm just always absolutely overjoyed when people comment at all you I really appreciate it! Thank you so much! Haha and I don't really know why it was blue-mostly because as I was trying to ink it, I again didn't have a decent peachy skin tone and all my browns were too dark to show up. So I thought I might as well do blue :) Thank you so much again for commenting-it means a lot to me that you would take time to do it!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I love these!! I think with Inktober, the fact that you are willing to put in the time and effort everyday speaks more to your quality as an artist, than whether you put something 'quality' online everyday. Does that make sense??? Anyways, I think you've done some really good ones the past few days, and they definitely show the evidence of how much you've improved as an artist just since I've 'known' you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it absolutely makes sense:) and wow, thank you so so much! Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm improving or not so hearing it from someone else is so encouraging!! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)