Sunday, October 2, 2016

#inktober day 2: lute? mandolin? dulcimer? ???

Hello, dear readers! :) Conference is over and it was amazing and I will probably be lettering some quotes from it soon, but for today here's a drawing of a girl playing a . . . string instrument of some kind. I'm not really sure what it is (I really should google it one of these days).


I started taking some process pictures, but the whole coloring idea did not exactly go as planned. So here's what I've got! 


Pencil sketch


Inking . . . 


. . . aaaand . . . inked!


Right after this one is where things started to go south, because I tried to color her skin peach, but it came out a very offensively bright sort of orange. (I'm not showing you that one because I don't want to give anyone nightmares! :P ) But that was the end of my grand coloring scheme :) I do want to try some more colored pieces in the future, though.

Have a lovely week, readers! 

4 comments:

  1. I like it - especially the flow of her sleeves! And, I did google it and I think it's a lute! 😆 Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! :) And I'm glad to have the mystery settled :D

      Delete
  2. It's stunning without color, so I think it worked out :D and I think that might be a Lute but don't quote me or anything ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I did end up googling and I think you're right . . . I wish I played a string instrument so I could feel more confient about these things! XD

      Delete

I love getting comments, so please tell me what you think! I moderate comments, so don't worry if yours doesn't show up right away. I try to reply to all my comments, so be sure to click the "notify me" box so you can see replies! :)